Sunday, October 28, 2007

Trunk or treat


.

This was the first year that the kids were really both old enough to wander around the church's Harvest Party by themselves, so I decorated the van for Trunk or Treating and sat out in the cold with Sandy. I didn't get a great photo of the van, but I was really happy with the way it came together. The little kids were so cute, but most of them had chattering teeth to go along with their costumes. Thomas, now that he is is a "youth" (in two more years I will have two yoots) got to run a station inside. It was right up his alley--he is great with small children.


h 030

I made my shirt, too. And here are Cleopatra and the Rogue Pirate.

Cleopatra
Dashing pirate and vicious pirate dog

The picture of Thomas was actually taken last night before the party at his school. When Ron picked him up after the party, Thomas was obviously out of sorts but refused to talk about what was bothering him. This morning we cajoled him into admitting that a girl had asked him to dance and he said no out of fear, even though he wanted to dance with the girl. Poor kid. But he's only 11! He wants to write her a card explaining that he only said no because he was afraid, and I am really proud that he thought of that on his own.

1 comment:

Scrapthatpaper said...

Such a silly question BUT I seen you rblog and of course these photos.. Where is this trunk or Treat located? The moment i seen the photos I said O MY GOSH! dejavu.. I seen you! Is that at the church in Chester/Enon?????

Seriously - THis is wierd.