Thursday, July 30, 2009

So, is anyone else watching "More to Love" and willing to admit it? Those poor women...they were all lovely women but it was really painful to watch, and I'm just glad I'm already married so I won't have to resort to joining them next season. One poor girl felt compelled to tell the guy right off the bat that she'd never been on a date, one jumped into the pool in her evening gown much to everyone else's discomfort, and one calmed her nervousness with wayyyy too many free beverages. I was a bit disappointed to see that the guy apparently sent home the five largest girls. Way to make it not about the weight, dude.

In other TV related news, next week is the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance, and I hate this part. The final six dancers are all so talented that I can't stand to think of any of them being eliminated. That said, someone clearly has to go home and I voted (multiple times) for everyone except Evan and Kayla. I can't express how much I love this show and how much I wish I could dance like they do, but if I could I would obviously have to overcome some boundary issues. By the end of the season, those dancers have been in very close proximity to the sweaty crotches of all of the other dancers. (Is "sweaty crotches" a search term that is going to get me a lot of weird visitors?)

Um, let's see, what else? Yesterday we had the sunniest rainstorm I have ever seen. The sky was blue with almost no clouds, yet it was raining.



I took that photo on the way to pick Annamarie up from "Colt Camp," where she gets to ride horses and swim and apparently, be hosed down with dirt on a daily basis. She has never been one of those kids who likes to get dirty--it is no secret that she is a girly girl--but she comes home absolutely filthy every day. In the photo below, she is wearing a regular t-shirt, but it has taken me eight days of camp to convince her that anything with rhinestones and/or sequins is overkill for camp. This was on the way home, and that is her stuffed horse Misty Stacey Beer whatever she's calling the poor floppy, broken-necked thing this week.



And with scintillating news like that to report, you'll surely wonder why I am not posting every day.

2 comments:

Karin said...

I for one would LOVE it if you posted every day my dear. You crack me up!

Michele Anderson said...

I always read... hey, you're in my google reader. :) That's big time.