Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Conversation on the way to pick up Thomas

Annamarie: Mom, what does "carpool" mean?
Me: It means that you share a ride with someone. Each person (or their mom) takes turns driving.
A: If I went to Oakland would you let me carpool?
M: It wouldn't be necessary. I'd just drive you when I was driving Thomas.
A: But if Thomas wasn't my brother and I went to Oakland could I carpool?
M: I guess so.
A: Who would I ride with?
M: I don't know.
A: No, WHO?
M: Benji.
A: That's not someone who goes to Oakland!

Apparently an imaginary carpool is OK, but it must be with a real person.

And is there something about being a mom that makes goofy little bits of wisdom pop out of your mouth? The kids were helping me carry groceries in and I said very cheerfully and out of the blue, "Many hands make light work!" Then I immediately thought, "Where the heck did that come from?"

2 comments:

Kristi said...

cyndi you crack me up! :P

Jean said...

"Many hands make light work" indeed. LOL Well someone has to keep these little pearls of wisdom alive for the next generation, right?

xoxo