Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Things

I have been tagged twice on Facebook for this "25 random things about me" meme, and I am going to let it serve double duty as a blog post since the well seems so dry these days. Relax--I am not going to tag you, but if you haven't done this yet and feel so inclined, you may tag yourself. When I started this blog I posted a list of 100 things about me, and I can't imagine there are 25 more in there, but I will dig deep.

1. I am a serious night owl, and it runs in my family. I could pretty much call my parents or my brother Brett until midnight.
2. I do not believe the day should begin before 10 am.
3. If Diet Coke is as bad for me as "they" say it is, I am a goner.
4. I used to be very into fashion but now I wear jeans and a t-shirt everywhere except church.
5. They're not mom jeans, though.
6. I am a compulsive spender, enough to annoy my husband but not enough to appear on Dr. Phil.
7. I am trying to change.
8. My favorite scents are Christmas tree and Crayola crayons.
9. My mom wanted to name me Brandy or Jane. My dad said that Brandy was an Irish Setter name and he didn't like my mom's crazy cousin Jane.
10. I don't spend a lot of time wishing I wasn't disabled, but oh how I wish I could dance.
11. I also wish I could sing well, but I am a rock star when I'm alone in my car.
12. I am secretly surprised that my kids have never said, "Mom, quit singing."
13. My husband's love language is acts of service and mine is words of affirmation/physical touch.
14. Neither of us could possibly be any worse at the other's language.
15. Our marriage seems to work anyway.
16. I am very long-waisted and have short legs, so I buy tall shirts and petite pants.
17. My daughter, who was adopted, is built exactly the same way.
18. One of my children makes me feel like a complete failure as a parent, and the other makes me feel like a parenting ninja.
19. I love skim milk, but whole milk makes me gag.
20. I am not very adventurous, foodwise.
21. I don't like to eat any meat or fish that looks like what it was before it was my dinner. Nothing with eyes or in its shell, and if it could be boneless also that would be great.
22. My son recently said, "So like, chickens are walking around full of CHICKEN?" He existed solely on chicken nuggets for 10 years...I'm not sure where he thought they came from.
23. I kiss my dog a lot.
24. I recently realized that I am easily grossed out. Slobbery dogs, sweaty people, raw meat, bad smells, vomit...ICK. Baby spit-up and diapers don't bother me much, strangely.
25. One of the greatest pleasures in my life right now is reconnecting with old friends on Facebook.

1 comment:

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Whew, you really caught a break in that what-to-name-the-baby lottery. I wasn't so lucky. :)