Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have really been on a Glimmer Mist binge recently, and I received some extra inspiration to play with it when the Scrapdoodles design team got to try out some new templates from The Crafter's Workshop. I had heard people raving about the Marshmallow Limited Edition Glimmer Mist, so of course I had to get my hands on some. It adds a beautiful sparkle and shine to white cardstock, but it really wowed me when I used it on black.



I took this detail photo to try and show how sparkly it makes the page...perfect for the photos of this romantic proposal while ice skating after dark in the snow!



I don't actually know the couple, but Ron and I were watching the kids skate at National Harbor the day of the huge December blizzard (don't know why I never blogged about our being snowbound in Maryland for three days). All of a sudden this guy knelt down in front of his girlfriend and I started squealing to Ron, "He's going to propose!" Naturally I had been snapping photos of Thomas and Annamarie, so I kept shooting. Because of the snow and extremely low light, the picture quality is pretty bad, but I love the dreamy silhouette look. We congratulated them and got their email address, and they were planning to use the photos on their save-the-date cards. What does it say about me that I scrapped photos of strangers before the ones of my own children skating?

4 comments:

thefinaltouchideas said...

Great job on the page! That is a great story!! I really did enjoy it thank you!!

Sasa Peace Rocks said...

Cool blog! Thanks for leaving a comment on my Peace Rocks blog! I will be giving away free Peace Rocks in a couple weeks if you want to enter the contest. ☮ ♥

Cheryl said...

Wow! Beautiful!!!

the red bungalow said...

Haha very cute! I'm a scrapbooker myself but haven't made the time to do it in FOREVER. I think this has re-inspired me to bring it all back out from office.

Thanks!

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com