Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Am Woman, Hear Me Sob

I can't be the only one who sniffled all the way through the next-to-last episode of So You Think You Can Dance. (Maybe I can be. What is today's date?) Hormonal or not, I love that show, and the top 4 have been my favorites since the top 20 were chosen. They are all amazing, the trained and the untrained, but I will divulge that I cast my vote for Joshua. I also believe that he is madly and transparently in love with Katee and I can't tell whether she returns the feeling but I suspect she is going to break his heart. It kills me that I may never know the outcome of that situation. The finale is tomorrow night: Between the hours of 8 and 10PM I will not be answering the phone or getting anyone a glass of water or letting anyone outside to go potty fourteen times in an hour.

In other tear-jerking news, I am just about done reading The Shack. I don't want to provide any spoilers, but is an amazing book that clearly arouses strong emotions in almost everyone who reads it. Readers either love it or see it as the work of Satan. It does undoubtedly contain some dubious theology, but I was deeply moved by the characters' conversations about the depth of God's unconditional love for us and why bad things happen to good people.

Wow, I just went from reality TV to religion in one paragraph. Any other unlikely topics I can throw in there? Hmm, I did get my hair cut and colored today, and I went back to my natural color, which is quite a bit darker than I've had it for the past few years. At least I think it's my natural color...it's been so long that I had to try to get some idea from the few roots that weren't gray.

Also, today was Thomas' last day of school until mid-September. They had a dance last night, where he danced with a girl and wanted to know if it was normal that his hands were very sweaty afterward. He also won five awards, academic and athletic, and we are very proud of him despite the sweaty hands.

1 comment:

Michelle StClair said...

You are wrong! So wrong! Josh is not in love with Katee! He is in love with me!!!!