Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Being a Tourist Today





In the 15 years I have lived three miles from Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, I have never managed to take my mom there. When she tells people that her daughter lives in Charlottesville, they invariably say, "Oh, you must visit Monticello often." Apparently she was embarrassed to have to say she'd never been. Mom came up yesterday to hang out with us during Annamarie's surgery, and she and I finally visited Monticello this morning while the kids were at school. It was a beautiful day up on the little mountain and I thoroughly enjoyed being a tourist in my own town. I only get up there every few years myself, and I forget how beautiful it is. The flowers were just beginning to bloom--I may go back up there in a month or so to take photos of the tulips.




We have to be at the hospital at 9:30 tomorrow, and Annamarie is remarkably calm. I'm sure she will be nervous in the morning, and I just wish I could go through the surgery in her place. Thomas has been acting out, jealous of the attention Annamarie has been getting, and that hasn't made things any easier. We'll all just be glad this time tomorrow when it's all over. If you can spare us a prayer tomorrow, we'd certainly appreciate it.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Beautiful photos. (You should become a professional - *wink*)

Will be thinking of Annamarie and all of you.