Sunday, April 6, 2008

Homework!

I spent a good part of the evening working on "homework" assignments for Scrap Etc., which is only 12 days away! I am looking forward to getting away, to the great classes, and to spending time with my friend Michele. There will be drinks involved. To be perfectly honest, I am nervous because I am such a slow scrapper that I fall behind in classes, and well, I'm afraid of strangers. So the thought of being with over 600 of them makes me want to hide under my bed. I am WAY socially awkward and I spend most of the time I'm in a group situation wondering if everyone notices how weird I am. (Because it's all about me, you know.) Aieee. There will be drinks involved. Note to self: Cut it out. It's going to be a blast!

In other news, we were forced to buy a new microwave today. Our 15-year-old one has a large crack in the door and we've been wondering whether we'll begin growing third eyeballs from the radiation that must surely be leaking out. We dragged the little surgery patient to Sears and she felt well enough to look at jewelry and have some macaroni at Red Robin, her first solid food since Wednesday. She is back to her cheerful self for the most part and seems to be healing well.

We dropped Thomas off at lunchtime for a sleepover with his two best friends, whom he refers to very coolly by their last names. For some reason that cracks me up. When Annamarie asked what they were going to do, Thomas replied, "Play video games and torture Jack's little sisters." I'd bet that's a pretty accurate account of events. Tomorrow I will be cursing myself for letting him go, when we get the backlash of a kid who has a hard time with transitions and dealing with the end of the fun. Not to mention a predictable lack of sleep. Oh well, you only live once.

No comments: